Sunday, April 12, 2009

Smoke Signal Sculpture

About a week ago I took a photo that I thought was fairly unremarkable and had no intention of posting. Because I am sometimes lazy about deleting photos that I don't think are of any particular value, I still have it. In the foreground it shows a family playing catch at Pioneers Park. At the top of the photo is the statute "Smoke Signal".



I cropped the sculture for a better look. It is a 15-foot tall, 5-ton sculpture by Ellis Luis Burman Jr. and was unveiled at the park in 1935.



Friday's Lincoln Journal Star reports the sculpture was defaced. How sad.

1 comment:

  1. It's a very beautiful and remarkable statue! I have never seen a statue like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my corner of the world. I appreciate your taking the time to comment.
kayleen